Sure we can tell you what we like as our top ten wedding favors
, but how authentic would that list be? Over the years, new trends emerge which lead many to believe certain favors are ďall the rageĒ. For the trendy and modern bride there is a plethora of super chic, new wedding favors
to select from. And for the traditional bride, there is even a larger selection of wedding favors on the market to choose between. So whatís a bride to do?
To narrow down your favor choices, why not consider these top 10 wedding favor categories and items.
1) Wedding Favor Boxes and Packaging
- I donít think the economy has anything to do with this category being first, brides have traditionally given out Jordan Almonds or candies as wedding favors. With so many boxes, bags, mint tins, pails and unique containers such as little luggage bags - it is no wonder why there is such a selection available - brides want containers for their favors. Our most popular, tried and true favor is our Miniature Silver Pails
2) Wine Stopper Wedding Favors
- A favorite category throughout the years, wine stoppers or bottle stoppers are a traditional wedding favor - and for good reason. With so many households owning wine (whether it be for cooking or drinking) everyone can use a wine stopper. Wine stoppers arenít only for wine though - their tapered design can multiple O rings can fit a variety of bottles and neck sizes. Our bestseller in this category is our Chrome Heart Bottle Stopper With Free Personalized Tags
3) Candy Wedding Favors
- a smart choice for couples getting married, candy wedding favors are something guaranteed to please everyone on your guest list. From chocolates to personalized mint tins, gumball machines to personalized candy bars - if its edible, itís a best seller. Some brides are combining the personalized wedding trend with DIY favors on a budget which is why our Personalized Candy Jars
fit this category perfectly and are our bestseller.
4) Personalized Glassware
- Remember back in the days when you would get a champagne glass with the coupleís name and wedding date on it? Well - personalized glassware remains very popular. Our bestselling glassware is our Personalized shot glass / votive holders
, but our Spiral Stem Champagne Flutes
and Personalized Wine Glasses
also do very well. For a modern touch, select a Monogram design.
5) Place Card Frames
- Letís face it - your wedding thank you photo will be wallet sized and mailed to your guests after the wedding. But what are they to do with it if they donít have a frame which fits? Besides, youíll need something to hold your seating assignments and place cards. Voila! A frame which serves double duty as reception dťcor and as a wedding favor. Our most popular frame is our Beautifully Beaded Place Card / Photo Frame
in Silver, but it is also available in gold.
6) Personalized Wedding Favors
- years ago, people used to tie ribbons to their favors or tulle Jordan almond pouches to add a personalized touch to their favors. (And they still do!) But for a more modern touch, couples are giving out personalized wedding favors to their guests. While itís always been a touch decision as to what favors would suit the men and women on a guest list, our Personalized Two Of A Kind Playing Cards
suit this age old dilemma remarkably.
7) Wedding Bells
- Nothing says traditional like a wedding bell. Whether they are sending the couple off with a ring or ringing for a kiss, bells make great wedding favors. While our Mini Ring For A Kiss bells do remarkably well, we do not suggest using them as favors - table decorations, favor tie ons, yes, but favors no - these are just too small. Our most popular wedding bell is our Fluted Wedding Bells
in Silver or Gold. They have been featured in many magazines and articles and are a beautiful, traditional, shape, size and feel.
8) Wedding Fans
- Since the majority of weddings occur between the months of April through September, it is no wonder why wedding fans do so well - these are the warmest months of the year. Fans can be used for outdoor weddings, beach weddings, in churches without air conditioning - and the most popular wedding fans we carry are our Mini Buri Fans
and our Sandalwood Fans
in Glass Top White Boxes.
9) Mirror Wedding Favors
- I think mirrors do so well for several reasons: they are stylishly designed, they are affordable, and many brides feel that wedding favors are ultimately used by their female attendees. They also make for great bridal shower favors, so this is possibly why this category does so amazing well. If you look in this section, 6 of our top 100 favors are bestselling. Our most popular are our Handbag design compact mirrors
and our Styling Black Heart Design Mirrors
10) Candle Wedding Favors
- Candles can range from the traditional to the modern, from the sleek to elaborate. Crystal to resin. There are so many candles marketed to brides there is definitely a design to suit your wedding taste. Our most popular wedding favor candle is our Rose Ball Candle With Free Personalized Tags
I hope that this article was able to give you some wedding favor ideas for your upcoming nuptials. If you need any further suggestions, ideas or advice feel free to contact us for additional ideas and assistance.
© 2009 Erica Tevis, Little Things Favors
Connect with Erica on Google+