They've been around from the beginning of time. What originally held Jordan almonds, favor boxes
now hold anything your heart desires. From candy to chocolate to even fresh baked cookies or cupcakes, there are now so many options to choose from rather than your typical 2" x 2" x 2" cube box. So how do you go about choosing the right type of box for your wedding favors
1. Square Favor Boxes
- These are the most common favor boxes on the market, although they aren't great for holding everything. Since most measure a 2 inch cube, these are most common for holding small candies.
2. Pyramid Favor Boxes
- Like cube favor boxes, these are ideal for holding candy. But be warned: although the finished product is very attractive, most people find it difficult to assemble the pyramid favor boxes. Tying the four sides together with a ribbon is tricky! So make sure you have plenty of time to put these boxes together.
3. Truffle Favor Boxes
- You guessed it, these are for holding truffles! Truffle favor boxes are rectangular shaped and thinner and are made to hold two truffles for your guests.
4. "Bag" Favor Boxes
- Though they're still made of card stock, these popular boxes give the appearance of a bag yet stand up with a flat bottom. These boxes are much larger than your typical favor box and are great for holding multiple or larger items. Tent favor boxes are similar to these, though smaller for holding candy.
5. Pillow Favor Boxes
- These are a fresh alternative from the traditional favor box, but since they're flat, you can really only put candy in it. Just be careful to avoid stuffing them too full - you don't want the candy to bulge and lose the elegant "pillow" appearance.
6. Clear Favor Boxes
- You'll want to put something pretty in these! Clear favor boxes are great for holding actual favors or even cupcakes, if you find the right size. But since you can see everything, you certainly don't want it to look sloppy. These are also great if you're having a hard time finding a favor box to match your color scheme: simply fill them up with a candy, like jelly beans, in your color and voila - instant matchy-matchy!
7. Cone Favor Boxes
- We only have one type of cone favor box at the moment, and as our site states, they're great for wine stoppers! Cone favor boxes are also great for holding drink mixes and other edibles.
8. Keepsake Favor Boxes
- These can range from anything such as our bamboo trinket boxes to a wooden box. The great thing about these is that your guests can actually use them to hold something after your wedding. If you're thinking about putting candy inside, try to line the box or put the candy in a bag to prevent melting and ruining the box.
Most of our wedding favor boxes
are shipped flat, so make sure you have plenty of time to assemble the boxes. Don't forget to check out our wedding favor packaging
for personalized ribbon, labels, or tags to make them really one of a kind!
© November 8, 2011, Kelsey Bowen, Little Things Favors
Connect with Kelsey on Google+