Candy buffet bars and cupcakes are hot wedding trends - so why not design your entire wedding theme around candy? Candy appeals to most people of all ages and its fun shapes, colors and flavors can create a whimsical and magical touch to your wedding. With candy being available in so many different colors and at relatively inexpensive prices – you will find decorating with candy great for your budget and color scheme. Here are 10 ideas for creating a unique retro-candy shop wedding theme.
1) The Candy Bar – a candy shop wouldn’t be complete without a candy bar. Create a buffet table of candy in retro inspired jars or jars in varying shapes and sizes. Provide bags or boxes for your guests to take some goodies with them. You may also consider purchasing candy scoops so your guests can easily dig in.
2) Centerpieces – Here are three Do-it-yourself ideas for creating centerpieces. Take 2 vases, one smaller than the other and can fit into the larger vase. Place the smaller vase inside the larger one, and in the space in-between vases fill with conversation hearts, jelly beans, or other candy. Fill the center centerpiece with candy colored flowers. Or purchase floral topiaries in terra cotta pots. Paint the pots white, and wrap the stems of the topiaries in white satin ribbon. Cover the soil with candy stones (candy designed to look like stones) jelly beans or other candy – it will look similar to a lollipop when done. Alternatively, you can purchase items from a craft store and make these topiaries – small terra cotta pots, floral cover, dowels, Styrofoam balls, silk flowers, a hot glue gun and satin ribbon will easily make these.
3) Table Numbers – purchase pre-printed table numbers, or DIY by printing up numbers on 5” x 7” cardstock from your computer. You can decorate these with candy stamps or scrapbooking supplies. Attach to a dowel and insert into a tall glass filled with candy.
4) Table Decorations – use candy bracelets or licorice shoelaces as napkin rings. Or grow a miniature candy garden by using mini galvanized pails, floral sponge and inserting lollipops into the pails.
5) Place Card Holders – for a unique touch take our crystal candy wedding favors and attach a place card via a ribbon to each one. Punch a hole in your place card, string ribbon through it and tie onto one end of the crystal candy.
6) Music – have your band or DJ get the good times rolling by playing candy inspired songs such as “I Want Candy”, Lolipop, or Christina Aguilera’s “Candyman”.
7) Drinks – offer a signature “Candy” drink such as Candy Apple Martini’s, Cotton Candy Martini’s or Peppermint Candy Cane twists.
8) Transportation – a cool way to show up to your wedding in style would be to rent a pink Cadillac.
9) Cake – a candy themed cake, cupcakes or petite fours would make marvelous treats within the theme of this wedding.
10) Wedding Favors – its all about candy – so make sure to give it out! Whether you choose something modern like our personalized mint tins, or something traditional like Jordan almonds – be sure to end your evening with a sweet take home treat.