A wedding ceremony is the most important aspect of your wedding day. You may already know the location where you will be married, or you may be considering several locations for the ceremony. Whatever the situation, you will need to ask the wedding location official some important questions before you book your wedding ceremony. Here is a list of questions you should ask. Not all questions may apply to you, or you may want to add additional questions to suit your needs.
Click Here to Download and Print a PDF copy of this checklist
Name and Location of Ceremony Site:
Name and Phone Number of Contact Person:
1) What dates and times are available?
2) How far in advance do we have to book?
3) Is there a discount for booking an off-season date or a off peak time? Weekdays or Friday? Military discount?
4) What’s your weather contingency plan? (If it is an outdoor space)
5) Do you provide a coat check service? (For fall and winter weddings)? Is there a fee?
6) Will there be any other events going on, on the day of our wedding?
7) How long will I have use of the space? Is there an overtime fee if I stay longer?
8) Is there a minimum or maximum rental time?
9) How many guests can the location accommodate?
10) Can people stand at the back if all of the seating is occupied?
11) (If applicable) What is the denomination of the facility? Are there any restrictions?
12) Do you have space for a reception (if needed?)
13) Can they waive or decrease the ceremony site fee if the reception is also held there?
14) For outdoor spaces such as parks, beaches and gardens, are there bathrooms?
15) Do I need a permit from the city to have my ceremony here? (Typically for parks and public locations)
16) Is there a dress code?
17) Is an officiant available? And at what cost?
18) Are outside officiants allowed?
19) Are there any musical instruments available for use?
20) If yes, is there a fee to use them?
21) Are ceremony musicians included in the site fee or is there an additional fee?
22) Are there any music restrictions?
23) Are there any photography restrictions?
24) Are there any videography restrictions?
25) Are candle lighting ceremonies allowed (such as unity candle ceremonies)?
26) Are there any restrictions regarding rice, birdseed, confetti, bubbles or rose petal tossing?
27) What floral decorations will be available? Are flowers allowed?
28) Is there a set up fee for decorating?
29) Can things be moved around and decorate to suit my purposes, or do I have to leave everything as is?
30) Is there a sound system with adequate speakers or will that need to be rented?
31) What are the clean-up requirements? Is there a clean-up fee?
32) Is there a bridal suite or another area where the bridal party can get ready?
33) Is seating provided? Or do I need to rent chairs? And if so, what is the cost?
34) What time can my vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding? Is it possible to start the setup the day before? How early can deliveries be made?
35) Is an aisle runner provided? If not, how long of an aisle runner do we need?
36) Are a canopy, arch, candelabras, kneeling bench, communion table, unity candle table, communion elements, and linens available to use?
37) Is there a wedding coordinator provided?
38) Who will be my main contact, can I meet them? How can I contact them?
39) How many parking spaces are available?
40) Where is the parking located? I it complimentary?
41) Do you offer valet parking, and what is the charge?
42) Is their handicap accessibility?
43) What rental items are necessary?
44) Can I schedule a rehearsal? When can I schedule it?
45) How many hours will we have the site for the rehearsal?
46) Does the venue have liability insurance?
47) What is the ceremony site fee?
48) What is the payment / deposit policy?
49) What kinds of payment do they accept?
50) What is the cancellation / refund policy?
Little Things Favors carries everything you need for your wedding and ceremony including wedding favors, unity candles and a large selection of wedding decorations and wedding essentials.
<< Back to Wedding Vendor Checklists
Article Copyright 2007, Revised 2013 Erica Tevis, Little Things Wedding Favors
Connect with Erica on Google+