Most of the time, it is not necessary to give a gift at the engagement party. Let's face it, times are hard and spending a couple hundred dollars on a gift isn't exactly in everyone's budget. Not to mention there's also the bridal shower and wedding gift to splurge on. It's rarely expected to give a gift at an engagement party. But if you do decide to give the newly engaged couple a present, keep this in mind: the purpose of the party is to celebrate the recent proposal of the soon-to-be bride and groom. Your gift should be a reflection of the good wishes and blessings you wish upon the two. Here's some great engagement party gift ideas
for every budget.
- A gift similar to a housewarming gift, such as a coffee maker. However, this is only if you can afford it. Keep in mind that the bride will eventually be registered for her bridal shower, so perhaps you want to wait to give a high-ticket item.
- A DIY gift is heartwarming and thoughtful, not to mention low budget! Frame a picture of the couple for them to display in their home, or put together a scrapbook.
- A simple box of fine chocolates is inexpensive, indulgent and something the couple can enjoy together.
- Marriage and wedding planning books--serious or funny--will be fun for the couple to read together while planning their big day.
- Money or a gift card is an easy way out, and perfect for spending the exact amount of cash you planned on.
- You'd be surprised what candles, massage oil and a bottle of wine can do for a couple. You just gave the two a little push to a romantic night together!
If you're close enough with the couple, ask them what their preference for engagement party gifts
would be. You can also ask the host and other guests what they're giving the couple as well. A lot of the time the bride and groom don't want their guests to feel obligated. So don't be surprised if your invitation says something like, "Your presence is your present!" If you do decide to wrap up a little something, don't feel the need to break the bank when it comes to purchasing engagement party gifts. Check out gifts for the bride and groom
for other great gift ideas for engagement parties
© 2010 Kelsey Bowen, Little Things Favors
Connect with Kelsey on Google+