Commemorate your wedding with one of our very special keepsakes or personalized gifts! Or if you are in the wedding party, gifts for the bride and groom to celebrate their new union will be appreciated by the newlyweds.
Most of the time, it is not necessary to give a gift at the engagement party. If you're going to the couple's housewarming party, you may want to bring something small to commemorate the occasion. But let's face it, as the economy is recovering, spending a couple hundred dollars on a gift isn't exactly in everyone's budget. You don't have to give a gift at the couple's engagement party or housewarming, but if you do decide to give the couple a present, keep this in mind: your gift should be a reflection of the good wishes and blessings you wish upon the two. Here's some great gift ideas for the Mr and Mrs for every budget.
- A small appliance, such as a coffee maker. However, this is only if you can afford it. Keep in mind that the bride will eventually be registered for her bridal shower, so perhaps you want to wait to give a high-ticket item.
- A DIY gift is heartwarming and thoughtful, not to mention low budget! Frame a picture of the couple for them to display in their home, or put together a scrapbook.
- A simple box of fine chocolates is inexpensive, indulgent and something the couple can enjoy together.
- Marriage and wedding planning books--serious or funny--will be fun for the couple to read together while planning their big day.
- Money or a gift card is an easy way out, and perfect for spending the exact amount of cash you planned on.
- You'd be surprised what candles, massage oil and a bottle of wine can do for a couple. You just gave the two a little push to a romantic night together!
- A fun Mr & Mrs gift that reflects the couple's interest such as matching wine glasses, beer glasses of coffee mugs.
If you're close enough with the couple, ask them what their preference for a gift would be. You can also ask the host and other guests what they're giving the couple as well. A lot of the time the couple doesn't want their guests to feel obligated. So don't be surprised if your invitation says something like, "Your presence is your present!" If you do decide to wrap up a little something, don't feel the need to break the bank when it comes to purchasing gifts. And also check out housewarming gifts section for other great gift ideas!