make marvelous wedding favors for the bride who wants to give something unique and memorable to her guests. Typically, wedding favors purchased are inexpensive and small - but espresso cup sets are affordable option and an impressive gift to give and receive. Imagine receiving a gift package containing something you could actually use and enjoy daily!
For Europeans and now many Americans, espresso is becoming a popular drink. Many drink espresso everyday - it is no longer just an occasional beverage served while entertaining. Espresso is a concentrated coffee beverage which is made by forcing boiling water under pressure through fine grounds of coffee. This forces the coffee to have a heavier thickness, a higher concentration of suspended solids and a foam or cream on top. Espresso is also the base for many other drinks: such as lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and americanos.
If you are thinking of purchasing espresso cups
for your wedding favors here are some tips to help you select quality cups.
What You Should Look For When Purchasing Espresso Cups
- The espresso cups should be solid to the touch. The glaze should appear brilliant and the joint between cup and handle firm. Bowl shape is important to some, many prefer an elongated bowl.2. Material
- Some of the best espresso cup sets are made from high grade porcelain, very white, very solid, no blemishes, no cracking to the eye.3. Thickness
- Thicker cups retain heat better, however do not give the same elegant look. A thin rim is fine as long as it tapers to a thicker base.4. Hand Feel
- Of course this is relevant to each person and their hands, but a good coffee espresso cups should feel sufficiently heavy and sturdy in your hand. The handle should feel secure when picking it up.5. Heat Retention
- This you will not be able to test until you try it, however a thicker porcelain will tend to hold heat longer.6. Aesthetics
- Of course your espresso favors should look good to the eye, visually appealing and work well with the look or theme of your wedding.7. Pricing
- When purchasing espresso cup sets as your wedding favors, you will be paying more per favor than something traditional (like candy favors) but you will be giving out a quality item. Pricing depends on several factors including the quantity you purchase and the espresso set count per box. You may want to give out a favor with just 2 cups and saucers, other brides may opt for an entertaining set of 6 cups and saucers - the price will vary on this.Espresso cups
for favors will be appreciated by your guests. They are a charming and unique idea perfect for the modern bride who wants to make a stunning statement.
© October 21, 2011, Erica Tevis, Little Things Favors
Connect with Erica on Google+