Your wedding day is a once in a lifetime event. The last thing you need on your wedding day is something to go wrong. With proper planning, your wedding day should run smoothly and without major tragedy. Whether you choose to hire a makeup and hairstylist for your day or select to do it yourself, you should plan on a wedding day test run for your hair, makeup and nails. Here are some tips to help your wedding day run smoother.
1) Never get a haircut or drastically change your hair immediately before your wedding. If you want a completely new look, plan to experiment months before your wedding day. If your planning on highlights, color or a drastic cut, get the initial style several months before and have maintenance done a week or two before the big day.
2) Schedule a test run a few weeks before the wedding day for hair, makeup and nails. This will ensure your stylist knows exactly what you want, and you will know exactly how you want to look. Plan on bringing your tiara, headpiece and/or veil with you to the test run, so you will know how your hair looks with all its accessories.
3) Your makeup should be timeless and classic. If you are having an evening wedding, you may want to play up one particular feature such as your eyes or lips, but not both. Years after your wedding you will want to look at your wedding pictures and say how beautiful you looked, not how awful the trend was for raccoon eyes.
4) Your nails should also be timeless and classic. Think subtle pinks, ivory, or peach. A French or American manicure is also a safe bet. But if you are having a red themed wedding, and you really want red nails, by all means do it, but realize they will stand out against your attire. If you are planning a specific color for nails, get them done before a wedding dress fitting, so you will be able to see how your nails will look next to your dress.
5) Indulge and get a pedicure before your wedding. Many brides will opt to match their toenails to their fingernails, but if you are wearing closed toe shoes, you can opt for something funky, such as blue to match the old tradition of “something blue”.
6) Never wear strong perfume on your wedding day. Some people may be allergic, and under the stress of your big day, perfume can cause a headache.
7) Make sure you pack your purse to include: lipstick, a mirror, a brush, tissues, aspirin, and breath mints.
Article Copyright 2007, Erica Tevis, Little Things Wedding Favors
Connect with Erica on Google+