Candles have been a hit in the bridal industry for years. What exactly makes candle wedding favors
so popular among brides? There are many reasons as to why: candles are easy to coordinate with any wedding color scheme or theme (there are so many different types, designs and styles), many of them are low budget, and most are packaged beautifully.
However, do your research when purchasing candle favors
. Everything about your wedding should be perfect - including your wedding favors. Here you'll find a simple checklist to follow to help make your experience of purchasing wedding candles
1. Figure out what candle you're going to purchase. There are many different types of candles on the market:
- Wax Candles
- Tealight Candles & Holders
- Votive Candles
- Oil Candles
- Soy Candles
- Beeswax Candles
- Flameless Candles
It's important to narrow down your options when purchasing a candle favor. For example, if you're looking for an eco-friendly favor, you may want to consider purchasing beeswax or soy candles, because they're more natural and not harmful for the environment. Or if you're planning on burning the candles at your event, flameless candles are also another consideration, since some venues don't allow candle burning inside.
2. Contact the supplier regarding the candle. If you're shopping here, on our website Little Things Favors, you'll find we offer a large variety of candle favors, and not all of them come from the same place. So where one warehouse or manufacturer might offer a candle with a longer burn time, another one may have variations in their products. Important questions to ask are such as shown below:
- What is the estimated burn time for the candles? (This is especially important if you're planning on burning them at the reception - you don't want your guests to bring them home and not be able to use them again!)
- Are these candles even burnable? (In some cases, candles are made for merely display purposes. Although it's rare, you'll find that some candle packaging cautions that they are not to be burned.)
- Are they scented? (Guests are more likely to appreciate something that will make their home smell nice. A scented candle is more practical than a nonscented one.)
- Is the tealight included? (Some tealight holders or votives hold tealights so they can be easily replaced time after time again. Make sure you find out if the tealight is included to save you a trip to the craft store.)
3. Before purchasing a candle, make sure you are positive that it is what you want as a wedding favor. Although candles are pretty, some guests don't find them practical. Often candle favors are thrown away because many people don't see them as useful, due to their small size, etc.
Candles are a fabulous choice as wedding favors and always add that extra "wow" factor to your event.
© October 11, 2011, Kelsey Bowen, Little Things Favors
Connect with Kelsey on Google+