Interviewing vendors for your wedding may be a bit overwhelming at times. Vendors may give you a lot of information in a very short period of time and you may not remember to ask everything you will need to. The following is a checklist of questions you can bring to the reception venues you are interested in interviewing. Not all questions may apply to you or the venue. You may want to print up several sheets of these questions, one for each site you plan on interviewing. You can then take the sheets home and review each reception site before making your final decision.
Here are some questions you need to ask reception locations:
Name and Location of Site:
Name & Phone of Contact Person:
1) (In the month or season you are interested in) What dates and times are available?
2) What room is available for these dates and times?
3) Maximum number of guests for a cocktail party / seated dinner in the available room(s)?
4) When is the final head count needed?
5) How much time will be allotted for the reception?
6) What is your price range for a seated lunch/buffet lunch?
7) What is your price range for a seated dinner/buffet dinner?
8) What is the reception site fee?
9) Are tables, chairs, table settings and linens included in the site fee?
10) Is the dance floor included in the site fee?
11) What is the corkage fee?
12) What is the cake-cutting fee?
13) What is your bartending fee?
14) What is your fee to clean up after the reception?
15) How is overtime calculated, and what is the cost, how is it billed?
16) What is the cost of parking, if any?
17) How much gratuity is customary?
18) What is the ratio of servers to guests?
19) How do the servers dress for weddings?
20) Are their any music restrictions?
21) Are you licensed to serve alcohol?
22) Are their any alcohol restrictions?
23) What decorations are available?
24) Are outside caterers allowed?
25) If yes to above, are the kitchen facilities available to outside caterers?
26) If applicable, what is the name and address of the caterer used?
27) Is there a changing room available?
28) Is there a bridal suite available?
29) Is the location handicap accessible?
30) How many parking spots will be allotted to the wedding party/wedding guests?
31) What is the payment policy?
32) Do you accept credit cards?
33) What is the cancellation policy?
34) Do you have full liability insurance?
35) Are there any perks, specials, or giveaways?
36) How long have you been in business and how much business is dedicated to wedding receptions?
Little Things Favors has everything you need for your wedding reception (well except the food & cake!) - check out our supply of wedding favors, reception decorations, wedding cake servers, guest books, toasting flutes, cake toppers, silk rose petals, seating and place cards, place card holders, and wedding bells!
<< Back To Wedding Vendor Checklists
Article Copyright 2007, Erica Tevis, Little Things Wedding Favors
Connect with Erica on Google+
You may reproduce this article, as long as it stays in it's entirety, with author and links intact