Invitations, guest list, seating assignments, DJ, cake...sounds like a wedding, doesn't it? Though not a wedding, sweet 16's and quinceaneras are important milestones in some families that the party deserves to be as extravagent as a wedding. With such a big party to throw, you'll want to make it the best it can be. After all, it's your little girl's special day, and doesn't she deserve the best?
Like weddings, it's popular for sweet 16's to be themed. With all of the sweet sixteen favors
on the market, it's not difficult to pick a theme and coordinate your decorations, supplies and favors with it. Does the birthday princess consider herself a professional shopper? Is she aspiring to be the world's next big movie star? Is she passionate about a particular sport? Step 1: determine the birthday girl's hobbies, or think about what she really enjoys. The easiest way to choose a sweet 16 party theme
is to gain inspiration from the guest of honor herself.
Below you'll find a list of popular sweet 16 themes.
1. Princess / Fairytale Theme
- Every girl dreams of being a princess at one point in their life. And a sweet 16 is the perfect opportunity for a girl to pretend like she is one. A white dress, a castle cake, maybe even a swan-shaped ice sculpture - the limits are endless. On a budget? Perhaps a castle cake topper instead, crystal swan decorations, and fairytale themed favors. Don't forget a tiara and sceptor for her royal highness!
- If she loves to shop 'til she drops, create a party theme that reflects it. Have her grand entrance mimic a fashion runway with lightbulbs flashing. A great idea is to theme each table with a different clothing type: one can be shoes, the other purses, sunglasses for another. Little Things offers a large variety of sweet 16 decorations
to match your shopaholic soiree.
3. Sports Star
- Did she score the slam dunk or the winning goal at her most recent sports game? Or does she just really love playing softball? A sports theme is a great idea for your all-star athlete. Theme each table with a different sport if she's passionate about all of them, and check out some great favors, such as sports themed gumball machines.
4. Hello, Hollywood!
- If the party girl dreams of being America's next runway model, pop star or award-winning actress, a movie star theme is a great choice. Display a marquee to let everyone know she's the star of the show on that special night, and even get life-size cutouts of the most famous celebrities. Don't forget to check out our Hollywood Star / Movie Party Supplies and favors to add all the fabulous touches.
5. Mardi Gras Madness
- The perfect way to get your guests in the mood to party is with a Mardi Gras theme. Throw beads and Mardi Gras masks to your guests, pump up the music and get the bright lights flashing and voila - an instant party. We have awesome feather fans in fuchsia pink to match your funky theme.
6. Mock-tail Hour
- Visit your local food store for supplies to make the perfect virgin cocktails. Purchase margarita and martini glasses, and create a bar filled with different juices and fruits and let guests create their very own signature drinks, without the alcohol. We offer mini martini shakers for your guests to use, and martini themed favors, such as manicure kits for the ladies.
We hope these sweet 16 ideas
provided a lot of inspiration for your party planning!
© April 14, 2011, Kelsey Bowen, Little Things Favors
Connect with Kelsey on Google+