Let’s face it; most men do not like to dance. But when you ask your father to dance for the Father-Daughter dance at your wedding, you can be sure that this is one dance your Father will not pass up. This lovely tradition is a public acknowledgement of the very special relationship shared between father and daughter and most Fathers cherish this moment.
In America, the Father-Daughter dance comes just after the first dance of the Bride and Groom and can be nerve racking for some Fathers. Not only is this dance a symbolic letting go of “Daddy’s Little Girl” but it can also be trying, especially if your Father feels as if he has two left feet. Ease his nervousness by practicing several weeks before the big event, or consider purchasing a dance lesson or two for both of you.
You should also select a very special and memorable song for the occasion. Many Brides select a song which signifies how they feel about their Father or how their Father feels towards their Daughter. The dance is usually a tear filled occasion – so be sure to pack some tissues in his pocket.
If you are stuck for ideas for Father-Daughter Dance songs, do not fret. We have consulted with DJ Robert Fayder, Owner of Party Perfect NYC, a music entertainment group which specializes in weddings and events. Here is a list of their Top 10 most commonly request Father-Daughter Dance songs. Use this as a starting point to select your song.
1) Daddys Little Girl - Al Martino
2) I'll Always Be Right There - Brian Adams
3) Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
4) My Eyes Adored You - Frankie Valli
5) I Loved Her First - Heartland
6) Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
7) Dance With My Father - Luther Vandross
8) In My Daughters Eyes - Martina McBride
9) Everything I Do - Brian Adams
10) A Song For My Daughter - Ray Allaire