For as long as anyone can remember the custom of the Father-Daughter dance at weddings was tradition. Within the past twenty years the tradition of the Mother-Son dance bloomed in popularity. The special bond that Mothers and Sons share was finally being recognized.
The Mother-Son Dance is played just after the Father-Daughter Dance. This is usually a tear filled occasion as a Motherís love is very strong for her Son. The dance symbolizes that a Motherís love is eternal, even though her Son is now being taken care of by his wife. If Mom is nervous to take the dance floor, try practicing with her for a few weeks before the big day or purchase dance lessons so that her mind is at ease. You will want your Mother to focus on you and not which direction her feet should be going.
Sometimes, people are not sure of what songs are appropriate for the Mother-Son Dance.
Here is a Top 10 list of some popular selections which have been used by many Mother and Grooms over the years and are very popular according to DJ Robert Fayder, Owner of Party Perfect NYC, which specializes in music entertainment for weddings.
1) A Song For Momma - Boyz II Men
2) I Am Your Child - Barry Manilow
3) My One True Friend - Bette Middler
4) Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
5) Mama - Jerry Vallie (Italian)
6) Through The Years - Kenny Rogers
7) Can You Feel The Love - Elton John
8) Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
9) You Raise Me Up - Josh Grobin
10) Hero - Enrique Eglasias