Our Bestselling "Picture Perfect" Couple Figurine Wedding Cake TopperWedding Cake Toppers - Unique Ideas For Your Wedding Cake
The days of only having a traditional bride and groom wedding cake topper from your baker are long gone. With so many options in the market today, couples are opting to go with something that reflects their personality or their wedding theme. Although traditional couple cake toppers, are waning in popularity, modern couple cake toppers like our "Picture Perfect" couple are gaining in popularity.
Here are some great wedding cake topper ideas
1) Since vintage chic is in, ask your grandparents or parents to borrow their cake topper. Scour auction sites and antique stores for unique vintage options.
2) Find a figurine from collectible shops that represents you. It doesn't have to be classified as a "cake topper" to be used as your wedding cake topper.
3) If you're having a seasonal theme, such as Beach - find pretty all natural items such as seashells or starfish that can be used on or around the wedding cake. If you're having a December wedding, use an ornament or decoration to top your cake.
4) If you have a hobby that you share such as a passion for baseball, golf, football, or any sports then try a sports themed wedding cake topper
5) Collect some photos of both of you, from childhood until now. Put them in small picture frames around the cake, with your current photo on top of the wedding cake.
6) Bundle some fresh flowers in your colors and put them on the top tier. Or ask your baker to design something such as a large bow made out of fondant and place it on top of the cake.
7) Inscribe your new monogram into your cake whether it be done in fondant by your baker on the top tier, or you choose a monogram wedding cake topper - both would be stunning. You can select a single letter to represent your new last name or a traditional three letter monogram.
8) Jump in with a modern theme: in 2010 we have seen an increase in both love birds and fleur de lis - why not top your cake off royally to match your theme.
9) Show your playful side by poking a bit of humor at each other. Whether you're a Princess Bride Kissing Her Frog Prince, A Couch Potato Groom, A Bride Wearing The Pants - there is something to show your lightheartedness. My personal favorite: Cell Phone Fanatic Bride & Groom Cake Toppers
10) Personalize it! Why not get a modern sculpture of your names?
With over 100 different wedding cake toppers
you will be sure to find the perfect match for your day.
© 2010 Erica Tevis, Little Things Favors
Connect with Erica on Google+