From the cake to the gown, the reception and back again, weddings can be a little overwhelming and very costly! Keeping to your budget can ease the stresses on your special day. Here are 10 great cheap wedding favors to give you ideas and save money but still give yourself the beautiful wedding you deserve.
1. Personalized Mini Apothecary Jars Playing into the DIY craze of 2013 our top suggestion is our Mini Glass Apothecary Jars as DIY favors that are cheap! Not only do these jars include personalization in the price (which is only $1) but these have received 5 star reviews from our customers. Fill them with candies, spices, sea salt, honey, cocoa powder - these will hold whatever you would like them too. Tie them with a ribbon, raffia, twine, lace, pearls - you can decorate them to match your event perfectly with a bit of crafty skill.
2. Personalized Mini Glass Bottles Another great container for cheap DIY personalized favors are our Mini Glass Bottles - these are great to hold liquids such as: vanilla extract, a shot of liquor, maple syrup, flavored syrup, flavored basting oil, hot sauce, balsamic vinegar or BBQ sauce. Add your personalized sticker, charms, ribbons and you have a pretty unique (and cheap) wedding favor!
3. Chocolate & Candy Chocolate is something that will never go to waste so if you're worried about your favors not being taken, used or eaten - go with a timeless standard. While these Hershey Wedding Kisses are inexpensive at only .29 cents each, a cheaper alternative is to give non-personalized kisses in a favor container such as an organza bag or one of our many favor boxes.
4. Mini Galvanized Pails Ever popular - and rightly so - our mini galvanized pails available in classic silver or wedding white - can be used for so many cheap DIY wedding favor projects. Some ideas are: use them for bird seed toss, or to hold nuts, seeds, trail mix. If you're crafty make your own candles and pour them into each one - if you're not so crafty buy pre-made tea lights for them. For kids, use them as crayon or lollipop holders for the tables. If you have a green thumb, use them to start plants for your guests. And if you a traditionalist - jordan almonds inside can't be beat. You can decorate these mini pails in so many ways - you're only limited by your imagination.
5. Take Home Wedding Cake Boxes For a cheap wedding favor idea that you don't have to make (or bake) is to order extra cake for your guests and have your caterer send home each guest with an extra slice of cake in your own personalized wedding cake boxes. This wedding favor idea not only saves time, but money too about .65 cents a box (including personalization) there's nothing you need to do with this favor except pass it to your caterer (or baker) to handle.
6. Personalized Glassine Bags with Pretzels or CookiesFill these personalized glassine bags with items such as chocolate dipped pretzels, cookies or candied nuts. Seal with a sticker for a pretty DIY touch.
7. Cupcakes To Take Home If you're handy in the kitchen, bake a batch (or several) of cupcakes for your guests to take home then package them up in these pretty, see through cupcake containers that come complete with personalized wrap-around band. These are great for display!
8. Double Duty Place Card / Photo Frames You're going to need to seat your guests somehow - instead of paper place cards, use these classically designed silver picture frames that will go with any guest's decor at home. Also available in Gold
9. Personalized Lip Balm Why DIY and make your own, when we could make these personalized lip balms for you for under $1? The lip balm is smooth and creamy, silky on your lips. Probably some of the best lip balm you'll try, and our customers agree: "The actual lip balm is bigger than a normal tube of Chapstick you would get at the store, and the lip balm is so smooth" - is what a verified customer reviewed and you can read here.
9. Personalized Stemless Wine Glasses These are some of the most popular favors we carry and it's no surprise why - you can decorate your tables, serve wine in them at the wedding (if you choose) or package them in the white boxes that are available and fill them with candy. While these may appear small, these are a full size standard wine glass without the stem. Whatever you decide, this classic type of favor is one of our bestselling and cheap wedding favors. Also available in a larger 15 ounce size.