All Hallow's Eve is a night where the ghouls come out - and sometimes a night where couples decide to say 'I do!' If you're a lover of this October holiday and getting married on October 31, you'll want to check out these 10 unique Halloween wedding ideas while planning your big day!
Beautiful Day Photography
1. Summon your guests to your wicked affair with spooky yet classy save the dates and invitations. Some unique Halloween wedding invitation wording ideas include:
- You have been summoned
- A wicked affair
- Eat, drink, & be scary
- The union of souls
coprinted, Kids Party Printables, wow wow meow
2. Nix the costume requirement. Instead, consider a masquerade party. Not only will your photos appear more uniform if everyone is in a similar attire (i.e., mask), guests won't feel pressured to wear a costume if Halloween isn't their thing.
If you do decide to request your guests to dress up in costume, prepare some props or masks at your reception for those who don't dress up so no one feels left out.
Hudson Photos, J Clay Photo, Happy Wedd
3. Your color scheme can go two ways: dark and Gothic with black, plum, emerald green, or burgundy colors; or you can go lighten things up with a classic fall color palette - that will also look like candy corn!
Gothic Life, Bellenza, Brit & Co
4. If you're leaning toward a darker color scheme, incorporate Victorian-esque elements to further the classy but spooky appeal. Baroque designs give off a 'haunted mansion' vibe.
Pick Your Poison Sign, Black Baroque Frame, Spirit Board Serving Tray, Skull Decanter
5. Guide guests to their seats with some bloody good Halloween place card holders.
Bright Settings, Pinterest
6. Don't forget a scary good playlist to give to your DJ! You don't have to play exclusive Halloween music, but be sure to throw in a little 'Monster Mash' or 'Thriller' to honor the holiday!
7. Trick or treat...it isn't truly Halloween without some candy! Guests of all ages will enjoy a candy bar, or a dessert bar complete with sweet treats.
Pinterest, Bridal Guide, Pinterest
8. Talk to your bartender about creating Halloween cocktails for your signature drinks - complete with macabre garnishes like fake eyeballs and spiders.
Tammi Lee Tips, Uproxx, Cool Mom Picks, Recipe Girl
9. Discuss some possible ideas for creepy pictures with your photographer.
Hi Miss Puff, Photography Statistics, Junebug Weddings
10. And don't forget to send your guests home with Halloween wedding favors
that will remind them of the fun they had at your spooky soiree.
Spooky Halloween Stickers, Heidi's Hubbub, Design your Own Shot Glasses, Halloween Chocolate Bars
© September 13, 2017, Kelsey Bowen, Little Things Favors