Top off your wedding day look with the perfect hair accessory. Hair accessories can be as simple as a modern headband or as elaborate as feathers. Here is a simple glossary of terms to help you decide on the perfect wedding hair accessory for your day.
- Backpiece a barrette or comb which is decorated and fastens to the back of the head. Usually the veil attaches to it.
- Barrette a one piece which clips onto your hair. Available in many styles from simple to ornate, one will suit almost any wedding style.
- Bun Wrap a circular band that wraps around a bun. Some are available decorated, others are invisible.
- Comb an accessory held in place with teeth. Can be attached to a veil, worn on top of the head or used to embellish a hairstyle.
- Crown a full circular jeweled piece which sits on top of the head perfect for fairytale themed weddings. Usually much larger than a tiara.
- Hairpin short in length, open on one end, closed on the other. Used to pull back or accent the hair.
- Hairstick a long stick with one pointed end which secures hair in an updo.
- Hair Vine a long ornament which is held in place with a small comb or pin. Vines can run along the side of a style or wrap around a headband.
- Half Crown smaller than a crown, but sits taller than a tiara. A semi-circle of jewels which sits on top of the head.
- Headband a band of varying widths that follows around the shape of your head.
- Juliet Cap this small, round cap fits snugly on top of the head and is usually adorned with jewels or pearls.
- Tiara jeweled or beaded semicircle worn on top of the head. We carry a beautiful section of wedding tiaras for your big day!
- Wreath a full circle of flowers or ribbon which rests on the crown of the head
© 2006 Erica Tevis, Updated 2015, Little Things Favors
Connect with Erica on Google+
For all your wedding favors
and wedding accessory needs, Little Things Favors has all the "little things" to make your wedding unique!